Tue, 19 Apr|
Online Zoom container
The Rising Mother: First & Second Trimester
Time & Location
19 Apr 2022, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm NZST
Online Zoom container
About The Event
Across this 5 week virtual gathering, you will learn to reconnect to the ways of nourishing yourself with the right knowledge and support:
- Essence of who you are as a woman and your transition into motherhood
- Fear and presumptions surrounding pregnancy, birth and beyond
- Mother-baby DYAD
- Understanding your body and the physiological and anatomical changes it goes through during your lifetime and most importantly in pregnancy.
- Exercise do’s and don’ts, breathing and it’s connection anatomically
- Mindfulness based stress management practice
- Awareness of the pelvic floor, pelvic organs, dysfunction and prevention
- Preconception foundation’s to optimise conception and a healthy pregnancy
- Nutritional guidelines - nutrients, foods, and supplements to help you flourish during this wondrous phase
- The importance of sleep and how to promote rejuvenating rest
- Soothing your body’s stress response and why that matters
- Tips for managing some of the common conditions in pregnancy (morning sickness, fatigue, heartburn)
- Optimising vaginal health during pregnancy
- Herbal and over the counter medicines in pregnancy - are they safe?
This will be a safe and inclusive online sanctuary to encourage discussion and awareness and embody all the essential pillars you will need as a Rising Mother.
A little bit about your session guides:
Vanessa Werner is a prenatal educator, birth and postpartum doula and breathwork facilitator who holds space for women as they explore their transition from Maiden to Mother. "Your journey into motherhood is uniquely yours to embrace. It is so important that this is a time that is recognized and you are inspired by what has the potential to be such an empowering experience."
Renee Knowles is a musculoskeletal and pelvic health physiotherapist with a special interest in clinical and rehabilitative pilates, holistic health, and mindfulness practice. She strives to help and empower her clients through bespoke education, to ensure they find their balance in wellness and function.
Emma Gardiner is a naturopath and medical herbalist with a background as a registered nurse and over 30 years experience in health care whose passion is empowering people to take control of their wellbeing and live their best life.